CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!!!

Earth Day is tomorrow and it's always one of my favorites for many reasons. One reason is that it's ALWAYS on my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom - I LOVE YOU!!!!

Another reason it's one of my favorite days is because all week at school we talk about recycling, and our environment, and how we can use things we already have to make new things! I love to walk the halls and peek into classrooms to see just what the teachers have come up with each year! This year I've seen many things - art, windchimes, pretend recycling centers, etc. It's soooo fun!


Each year I try to reuse something to make something new. Here's my project for this year. I've seen these on other sites and have been wanting to try it. I used glass bottles from a local restaurant, sprayed them with red spray paint, added some of my fave chalk board paint, and voila! - cute little "BLOOM" vases!

Have you guys ever recycled anything to make something new that you enjoy? Let me know about it - I'd love to try other ideas!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your Earth day project! Very cute! We recycled a ton of paper at Kade's school but really should have done more. I'm working on being much greener, it's a process but I'm getting there...

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love that!!!! I want to make those! How fun! I am totally reusing, reducing and recycling all kinds of stuff making FLAIR! Luv!