CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Arkansas Summer

Family Reunion Time!  We go to Arkansas every year for my mom's side of the family, family reunion.  I guess I was loving on all my kin-folk too much to take any pictures there, just imagine a beautiful log cabin lodge full of sweet, precious people - or look back on previous posts (you'll find them in June of previous years).  I did take pictures of our trip on the way, however, and it was FUN!!!

We stopped at this little train to eat lunch one day - so cool!


Here we are inside the Southern Belle - amazing home cooking here!


Then we traveled on to Eureka Springs.  If you are ever traveling through Arkansas you MUST GO HERE!  Especially if you love art!  They had little art colonies set up all over, tons of original art, and super awesome restaurants!  Plus, its gorgeous, green, and hilly!



One of the coolest little restaurants, Local Flavor, so delish!


I seriously had some of the best Italian food I've had in a loooong time here - YUM!


And I can't forget this picture:  This is where my grandfather saw my grandmother for the first time.  He was sitting across the street and saw her walk out of this building and had to know who she was...needless to say, the rest was history:)!!


Last but not least there's this:  This is a barn that has been in our family for years.  It belonged to my great grandfather, my mom played here as a kid, some of the first family reunions were held here.  It is still in our family since one of my 2nd cousins still lives in the original house in front of it.  It holds so many memories.  I love it, its part of me, and I can't wait to paint it someday:)!




3 comments:

Local Flavor Cafe said...

I just wanted to thank you for mentioning us in your blog! A friend of ours ran across it and forwarded it to us. We have a passion for fresh food, wine and our town on Eureka Springs and it's so nice to get validation that we are doing it right!
Please say hello next time you're in town!
ps:I love the story of your grandparents!

Sincerely,
Connie and Britt Evans (Chefs and Owners of Local Flavor Cafe)

Local Flavor Cafe said...

I wanted to thank you for mentioning us in your blog. We have a passion for food, wine and our town of Eureka Springs and it's so nice to get validation that we're doing it right!
I love the story of your grandparents...so sweet!
Please say Hello next time you're in town!

Sincerely,
Britt and Connie Evans (Chefs and Owners of Local Flavor Cafe)

Jara said...

Local flavor, your restaurant was INCREDIBLE!!! The service was exceptional as well, wish I could remember our servers names - it was a guy that served us outside and he was training a girl with a tattoo on her neck - they were so attentive and courteous! We will definitely recommend your restaurant to anyone we know visiting that area! Thanks for commenting on my blog and keep doing what you are doing!!!