CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend!

So we move out of our first home Friday and I guess I'm a little sad!  Actually, it's bittersweet cause I'm sad and HAPPY!!!  There have been so many wonderful memories made here.  This was the first home we ever owned.  We brought Kaden here when he was 1 year old.  This is the house Kinsley came home from the hospital to.  We've celebrated Kaden's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th birthdays here, and Kinsley's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthdays here.  Not to mention all the other parties, get togethers, anniversarys, etc.  It was a good house - we loved it and we will miss it!

Front View - Love our huge tree!
Another front view

Curtis's bathroom, he painted the walls and cabinets in here!
Kaden's room, this room has been painted several times and had lots of different decor, it went back to neutral for the staging of the house!

Kinsley's room - I made this painting for her before she was born, and Jae and I made this duvet cover!
Back patio - Jae helped me with this!  Fun!
Backyard - again, I love the tree!  Had lots of parties out here!  Watched my little babies turn into toddlers and pre-kers out here! 
Little kitchen, I won't miss you too bad, sorry, you're just so small, but lots of fun dinner parties cooked here!
Entertainment center and facing front of house, would like to get rid of the entertainment center, we'll see, LOVE our archways in this house!
Fireplace and alcove, Curt painted this painting, pics of our family on the wall, this table came from our church, I want to repaint it someday!
Another view of table and pics - love them!
Dining room - so many fun dinners here, repainted and Curt and John textured the walls in here!  Bought a light fixture from West Elm, Jae helped me make curtains!
Another view, I painted that painting in here:)  From our old apartment!
Another living room view
Living room, my dad painted this painting, first couch Curt and I bought ourselves!
Living/dining/kitchen
Entryway - love our art niche here!  Curt painted this painting!
My big closet - what sold the house in the first place:)
My wonderful garden tub - many a bubble bath taken here:)
Little bathroom, I won't miss you too much either!  But the bathtimes with my babies were fun!
Our bedroom
Another pic of our bedroom
And the laundry room - messy, but wanted to show just for fun!

4 comments:

The Garrett Family said...

Awww! I'm excited for you, but I know it's a little sad too. I have lots of happy memories of playdates, parties & homegroup at your house too!

Sarah said...

What a tribute to the life you've lived in your first home. You sure have a way with decorating! I didn't know you could paint! Apparently there are a lot of painters in your family. I wonder if it will pass on to your children?

Amanda said...

I am excited for you too! Moving is such a pain but it will be fun once you get settled in a new house and start decorating!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you have a beautiful home! Love your decor! Just think, you will have a new canvas soon. :)